Disk Cleanup

Reaction score
Disk cleanup got a new line called "One drive files" since last month and it always shows 1000 bytes. Even if I tick the box to clean these 1000 bytes, it never gets deleted. How to get rid of it?

Reaction score
Not a direct answer to your question, but The disk cleanup has been deprecated in Windows, although still available. We are now to use the Settings - System - Storage. "Free up save now". I am now using it, and it mentions "Offline" files, but not directly those in the Onedrive.
Only comment is that it takes a looong time, but maybe doing a more thorough job(??)

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
1000 bytes or one kilobyte is not much space, probably just a .ini (hidden or system) file or two.

Reaction score
It isn't much space but if you don't have so much storage here is how to delete OneDrive:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.

2. At Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password.

I hope it works (I didn't like OneDrive too so i deleted it too :3)

Reaction score
I don't think you will find a "search box", but just type anyway - same thing!

But, with the thought that, maybe, one day, you may find a use for it, better to merely disable it.:

But, if you want to totally remove it (it can be reinstalled) then a more thorough way is through the System command:

Open a Command Prompt in Administrator mode: (Right-click on the Windows icon in the taskbar and select Command Prompt (Admin)).

Type, or copy and paste:

taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe (This will terminate OneDrive)

Then, for 64Bit computers, type:

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe \uninstall

or, for 32Bit computers:

%SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall

Ask a Question