SOLVED Disk Cleanup

Reaction score
I've noticed my Win10 Disk Cleanup doesn't remove "System Error Memory Dump Files" (334 mb) and "Temporary Files" (75 mb). Other than noticing these files won't clear out, this doesn't seem to cause any adverse effects.

Thoughts always welcome. Thanks.

Reaction score
You may have to run Disk Clean-Up twice. If you have a local admin account run as Administrator.

Reaction score
There is something new in Win 10 called Storage Sense. You might check it out on the Settings-System-Storage page. I have not tried it..

Reaction score
In a manner of speaking, It is a "Scheduled" disk cleaner. But it does give the option of which files you want removed after a thirty day period. It could be useful for lazy users. I think I do a better job of cleaning, manually.

Reaction score
Yes Wolfie, a really worthwhile program to have on your desktop. Unfortunately, I read in these and other forums, that users have disastrous problems with it. I never have, after many years of using it.

For those reading this thread, who are not familiar with it, it is worthwhile working through the customisation before you run it. There are many items in there you can eliminate, or DD. also ,in my case, I always remove the monitoring facility. It slows things down on the computer unnecessarily.

Reaction score
Is there a way to protect saved passwords when using CCCleaner? I find it time saving for many of my sites to retain my passwords for my next visit.

Bif

Reaction score
There is something new in Win 10 called Storage Sense. You might check it out on the Settings-System-Storage page. I have not tried it..
Interesting, Storage Sense is/was a Windows mobile feature that was as useful as a tit on a bull..for a phone at least.
I find it interesting that they have added it to Fall Creators...which I still haven't got through Updates..nor particularly want until it has been ironed out.

Reaction score
In the latest version (They keep very much up to date with new trends), by default, it will not delete your passwords.

capture-png.7436
Capture.PNG

Reaction score
"In the latest version (They keep very much up to date with new trends), by default, it will not delete your passwords." Interesting. Thanks for that info. I'll give it a shot.

Reaction score
Powrus You will be happy with the CC cleaner it does an excellent job.
I clean my PC of junk every night with it before logging out. First I run the cleaner as "User" then right click, and run as Administrator. You would be surprised how much junk accumulates in the local Administrators account.

Ask a Question