Disk Imaging Software Suggestions Please ?

Reaction score
Hello,

Can someone please suggest a "disk imaging" software ?

The key word should be simple.

Thanks,
Bob

Reaction score
Macrium Reflect
Acronis True Image
AOMEI Backupper
O&O Diskimage

all those come to mind. Macrium reflect has a free version but it will soon be discontinued. If you had a WD/Sandisk drive you can download a free version of Acronis true image from their website

Reaction score
More on Macrium Refledt
It's an excellent program that allows you to create a boot flash drive, to be used when the computer won't start normally. Unfortunately, the free version was discontinued in 2023. Go to the following link for more info:
Jim

Reaction score
After starting Tenforums, go to tutorials and look for backup and restore macrium reflect. Unfortunately. the entire link did not go through
Jim

Reaction score
Th Free edition of Macrium has worked 100% for me for many years.

Reaction score
I've used Macrium for maybe 15 years or so....Last time I used it I made the mistake of not testing the created image....
And when I needed the image....it was corrupted......It would not mount the image....I set up a ticket with Macrium but they could or would not help me...Fully licensed Macrium 8......that one episode is causing me to "rethink" Macrium....But over the 15 years or so I NEVER had an issue with it.....just this once...

Reaction score
Macrium Reflect 8.0.7279 is the last one that is still free. Everything after that is Trialware with purchase option. Although I always was a big fan of Acronis, I have tried Macrium Reflect and am pleasantly surprised how well it actually works. Currently it is installed on any of my pc's and does automated backups of my system partitions without any issues. I yet have to restore a system.
So far my experience has been positive.

Ask a Question