Drivers and 'Program' for CanoScan FB620U

Reaction score
Hello...

I've determined that there are new 'drivers' for this device... but, does anyone know of a 'program' that will 'run' the scanner?

I've seen VueScan (or Scan View), it seems to have all the abilities for using the scanner, but, the price is $89.95! You can buy a new scanner for that amount! Its rather annoying to have to buy a new scanner to replace a perfectly good one that I already own. Knowing that 'Canon' does not support their devices sure makes me consider other manufacturers, if I have to get a new scanner. Who needs a company that doesn't stand behind what they sell?

Dennis

Reaction score
Have you tried Windows Fax and scan with the new drivers?
Hello... thanks for your response... WFS does not recognize my scanner... I get a message about installing WIA drivers... but there are preconditions to doing that which the Windows 10 'maze' won't let you do... well it was worth a try.. I'll give it some time... maybe W10 updates will make it all work.

Dennis

Reaction score
I just tried Vuescan with an ancient Canon Lide 60. Worked perfectly and also saw my WiFi attached HP All in One and scanned from that as well.

Vuescan version vuex6495.exe is free it says.

Ask a Question