Epson 1400 and Drivers

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a new computer with windows 10 64bit and installed corel draw x8. I need to print using paper sizes 13x19, 11x14 and of course 8x10. When I go to print I choose Preferences and it opens up the window with the heading "Epson Stylus 1400 Properties" and it gives me two options "Layout" and "paper/ quality" I go into Layout and it shows EPSON ESC/P-R V4 Class Driver Advanced Document Settings, I go into Paper Size and it does not show the sizes I need it only shows letter, 4x6,3.5x5, A4, postcard.

I had previously used CDx4 on windows 7 machine and had no problem.

When I had the printer installed on windows 7 I had more options when choosing "Properties" photo quality, paper type, paper size, maintenance and I don't get any of that with windows 10, same printer epson and cdx8.

When I setup the computer I hooked up printer, turned it on and lo and behold it found the driver right away no problems and it was ready to print. When I figured out I was missing what I wanted to see when printing I ended up downloading epson 14816 and ran it because it was suppose to include the status monitor but it didn't. The driver is Versioin 6.62

Has anyone had this problem? It doesn't matter if 'm printing from cdx8 it shows limited options in all programs. I'm wondering if I should remove that driver, delete printer from printers, unplug printer and then load a windows 7 driver?
I don't even get ink levels nor maintenance tab to do a nozzle check, head alignment, head cleaning...
Thanks for any help. MAria

Reaction score
I typed www.epson.com then found my printer. I am going to try and insert a print screen.
epson driver screen.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-19_23-41-53.png
    upload_2018-4-19_23-41-53.png
    306.4 KB · Views: 822
Reaction score
Hi Maria,

did installing the new driver package help in any way?, did you have any further problems or do you still have a problem?.:)

Reaction score
I'm sorry lets backup. I did not go to the links you suggested nor did I download the files from the uk epson site. I will do that and let you know the outcome. Thanks

Reaction score
Should I disconnect the printer first before running the .exe file by disconnect the usb cable? Then after doing that should I remove the printer from the printer list? Then I run the new .exe that I downloaded and hook up my printer? If I hook up my computer I believe it will automatically find the latest driver and install it like it did the first time. As you can see I am a little nervous.

Reaction score
Hi Maria,

you can remove the printer from the list if you want to (would be better), leave the printer plugged in and then run the .exe from Epson, if Windows starts installing drivers, click on cancel (the Windows installer not the one from Epson). :)

Reaction score
Thank you, I can do that. I will let you know how it goes. It might be awhile thought but I will try it. Just right now I am in the middle of sublimation hell. Half my work is being done on the new machine since I can use letter size and the other half is being done on the old machine. you might ask why I don't do all my work on the old machine and download that driver on the new machine..... because I'm in sublimation hell.... color issues.But thank you and I will get that driver downloaded.

Reaction score
It worked! I ended up using the file "epson 13405.exe which has the 6.61 driver. I had used this one when I was on Windows 7. It does look a little weird like when you use put an old game on a new machine....if that makes any sense. I'm just glad it worked. Thanks for helping me out.

Reaction score
Maria, You saved us, this thread helped. Hopefully my addition below will help others....
Windows 10 64, used the "epson 13405.exe " downloaded from epson direclty, just select windows 7 64 bit as OS when downloading.
This allows us to set user defined page sizes....any size...assuming it will fit in printer.

Ask a Question