WIN10 Update|EpsonR300 printer driver reinstall successful|won't print

WGB

Reaction score
After the latest Windows 10 auto update, my printer driver disappeared. After a lot of time & effort, I was able to reinstall the driver.

It all appears to be there and in working order, but I get an error message when attempting to print. I know it's not "connected" because when I'm in Properties and try to do something like check printer ink levels I'm not able to -> "Unable to retrieve ink levels. Please check connection to your printer."

I have tried unplugging cables/restarting computer, printer/removing device and reinstalling, scouring all the settings, etc. Is there a way to get my printer working? I don't need or want a new printer, and it's been a horrible problem not having one! This is a ridiculous side effect of yet another hassle of Win10. Time is precious, c'mon. :(

Thanks very much for any insight or help!

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. Initially I had a problem installing my Stylus Photo R300 when I got my new Windows 10 computer. I did eventually manage to get it working successfully, however, after the recent Windows update I cannot manage to get my printer to work. I have tried the help from MS and Epson, but they are no help whatsoever. They tell me that the driver is already installed in the Windows drivers, but something just isn't right.

WGB

Reaction score
Hi WGB,

have you checked their website out?:

https://epson.com/c/Windows-10-Support/s/SPT_WIN10-NS :)
Thank you! Like, Kenny below, that's how I finally discovered how to install the printer (following directions from the Epson website)... it's the only way I was able to get that to work and appear in my devices but... it will just not work. :( Previously when I tried to download a driver package directly from online it would not work at all and I was eventually told this printer was not compatible with Win 10.

Reaction score
We have the same Epson Photo R300 printer that is corrupted after the recent Window 10 update. We've been through this multiple times before and is getting beyond ridiculous. Now we've got to waste time figuring out how to reload all our printers. It's time to call BS on MS Windows - what they are doing is creating havoc - and that if you are not tech savy - you need to spend $ to fix the problems MS Windows creates - what a brilliant business model! I'm through with Windows and will eventually switch to Mac

Ask a Question