Cannot use epson sx 215 printer properly on windows 10

Reaction score
I have recently changed computers to windows 10,all my old software has loaded great but my epson sx215 printer has problems.It works,but instead of opening a print preview window,and allowing me to select the size,paper quality and allowing me to print the pages needed,it prints a4 ,more like 10"x8" etc.Also the printer online is named epson sx210,instead of sx215,and asks me if I want to send docs.to microsoft to pdf,microsoft xps document writer or send to one note 2016.I have used the original Epson disc,why is it so different?and also how can I get it to print old style,as it were.

Reaction score
I have recently changed computers to windows 10,all my old software has loaded great but my epson sx215 printer has problems.It works,but instead of opening a print preview window,and allowing me to select the size,paper quality and allowing me to print the pages needed,it prints a4 ,more like 10"x8" etc.Also the printer online is named epson sx210,instead of sx215,and asks me if I want to send docs.to microsoft to pdf,microsoft xps document writer or send to one note 2016.I have used the original Epson disc,why is it so different?and also how can I get it to print old style,as it were.

I had the same problem and eventually have managed to get it all working as it was before.

I downloaded the latest driver for the SX210 printer ( not available for the sx215) and right clicked the file and clicked on troubleshoot compatibility. The trouble shooter suggesteted that to run it as a win xp 3 programme. When it did this it trIed to find the printer but failed so i restarted the install and chose the manual install and the printer was listed. The install went ahead ok.

On the printers page in Win 10 it was listed but said it needed new drivers so I ran the win10 printer troubleshooter a couple of times and restarted win 10 a couple of times and it installed itself.

I then had two printers with similar names one which is exactly like the pre win 10 with the expected printer options and the other has the win 10 limited set of options - no choice of paper size or maintenace routines etc.

I have made the pre win 10 printer the default printer and all is well. As far I can see the scanner also seems to have all the pre win 10 finctions as well.

Maybe too late to help you but might be good info for others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question