Drivers and resetting issues.

Jos

Reaction score
ok so recently, i bought an elgato. i downloaded the software, wired it all up, and it was all fine except the software wasnt recognising the elgato. I researched a bit and I found out that the drivers hadnt installed properly, i tried to install them manually, but it always had an error. i also tried updating the drivers in device manager, but it would tell me the registry databass was corrupted and it couldnt install the drivers. so i searched how to fix that, and i found out you need to do an sfc scannow thing in cmd. so i did that, and, as instructed online, typed the 'ren system system.001' and the other one (i forget the exact code), but it had no effect.

i then saw online that if this doesnt work, your only real option is to reset your entire pc which i tried to do, but windows tells me 'your pc ran into an error while trying to reset. no changes were made'. I've tried various different fixes for this, but to no avail.

if anyone has any solutions for how i can reset my entire pc, i'd greatly appreciate it. sorry this is written somewhat incoherently and simplistically, it has been over the course of a few days and im not a tech guy at all.

i use windows 10, 64 bit computer, sony vaio model.

many thanks

Ask a Question