SOLVED Dropbox - Keeps Sending Me Messagaes

Reaction score
Windows 10 on HP 24" All-In_One desktop

I keep getting these messages to update to the paid version of Dropbox.

I don't have an account with Dropbox, therefore I cannot sign in and follow the delete instructions.

I can't find Dropbox on my computer. To my knowledge, I never installed it.

It is not listed in the Control Panel Uninstall section.

Any suggestions?
Thank you

Reaction score
Sounds like some kind of adware/malware. Might try running malwarebytes and see if anything turns up. I have dropbox on every one of my PC's and never been asked to upgrade to the paid version.

To clarify, these are popups not emails?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are the messages in the form of popups/alerts, or are they e-mails?

Reaction score
Odd, if you did not install it. But juat have a look in the task manager startup tab, and, if you see it, disable it.

Reaction score
@davehc - Nothing in the Task Manager,
@Ian - Not emails, just pop-ups
@BigFeet - Yes, I spent a bit of time searching for anything like that but came up empty.

Maybe the problem was scared away. I haven't had a pop-up message from DropBox all week. I did receive a Windows 10 update. Maybe that fixed it.

Thanks for the replies.
jrj

Reaction score
Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by disguising oneself as a trustworthy . They are phishing for information. They random send not even knowing if you have Dropbox.

Ask a Question