Duplicate posts

Reaction score
Now we have a live moderator, perhaps he could investigate the problem with the automatic duplication of posts.
It happened to me, again, in the thread concerning the forum going down the drain.
In order to be able to get back in the forum, in order to posts, I had to delete everything I had written, and then delete the (then four) posts.
It may happen again when I trry to posts this.

Reaction score
I don't have that kind of access.
I have not had that happen to me at this time.

May I ask what browser you're using?

Reaction score
It is not a matter of the browser because I had it happen with all of them. Usually, when I get the "OOPS" message, I just refresh the page and my post will be there in a single form. It happened to me as well in the same thread davehc mentioned.

Just happened again with Chrome this time

2024-03-12_063331.jpg

Reaction score
Chrome: Firefox and Edge I am planning to run some tests to try a f pin it down, but reports ln other sites suggest it is not browser related

Reaction score
I am wondering if it is a update problem on the server side. Has anyone contacted Ian?

Reaction score
I am wondering if it is a update problem on the server side. Has anyone contacted Ian?
If you google,you will find it is happening on different forums, all over. So I have my doubts regarding a server problem.
After Grizzly''s remark that the same thing happened to him, in the same thread, I am wondering if a yet undetected virus, or similar is prevalent, triggered by, say, a certain word or sequence of events?
And id has just happened again in this post.

Reaction score
If you google,you will find it is happening on different forums, all over. So I have my doubts regarding a server problem.
After Grizzly''s remark that the same thing happened to him, in the same thread, I am wondering if a yet undetected virus, or similar is prevalent, triggered by, say, a certain word or sequence of events?
And id has just happened again in this post.
Could be the software has a bug, and needs an update.

Reaction score
Sorry not your logs but the logs from the server running the forum software.

I have been thinking about updating that doc from the Windows 7 forum.
Actually, I have been thinking a lot about errors and some articles that might help people.

Reaction score
I haven't had problems posting here with LibreWolf. I clear browser cache and cookies upon signing out.

Reaction score
Maybe it's something to do with the notification you get when you post. Your message isn't displayed immediately until you click it.

Reaction score
Nope, that time it worked as expected. Definitely seems like some sort of bug with the forum software. Too bad Ian the administrator is M.I.A.

Reaction score
Sorry not your logs but the logs from the server running the forum software.

I have been thinking about updating that doc from the Windows 7 forum.
Actually, I have been thinking a lot about errors and some articles that might help people.
By the way. That link blew some cobwebs away. As you can see, I was then active on that forum Even an MVP way back there. But, as I am sure you are aware, the Admin, "Ian", is not the same Ian as the owner of this one. But he still runs a very successful Windows 10/11 forum.
I was amazed, looking back, that there are still constant postings asking for help there!

Reaction score
The other Ian has , as I said, a Windows 10/11. Site, on which I am a member. It 8s infinitely mre succesful , and different in context. Ian is a ver active contributer. I would not see any value in him having another windows site such as this one?

Reaction score
From what I can tell, Ian has not been on any of the sites since December last year.

Ask a Question