SOLVED Removing Duplicate Files

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a program that would show and allow removal of Duplicate Files? My main problem is a large number of duplicate photos in 2 or even 3 folders. Going thru names and sizes would be tedious.
Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I really could not find program that would just show duplicate photos and then allow me to delete the ones there 3 and 4 times, ending up with one. So, I ended up downloading a search app called "Everything". I then keyed in FB_IMG_ I then ended up with a list of all the FB photos on C drive. Could then see all the names. Thankfully they were all bunched together. I picked the location I wanted to keep and clicked/deleted the others.
A bit labor intensive. But it worked.

Reaction score
I use Auslogic Duplicate File Finder. You can select the drives/folders you want to check for duplicates. You can select to look by file type (images, videos, etc.), file size (> xxx), ignore file name or file dates (search file contents), using part of the file name. You have an option to view the images so you know what you are deleting. You can specify what happens to deleted files such as placed in the recycle bin or permanently deleted. So far, I have not had any problems with this program.

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a program that would show and allow removal of Duplicate Files? My main problem is a large number of duplicate photos in 2 or even 3 folders. Going thru names and sizes would be tedious.
Thanks in advance!
See if you can find Clone File Checker. It can look for duplicates across drives and within the same drive and then allow you to select which to delete - or allow it to delete based on the choice you prefer. Best to back up first - but it works well

Reaction score
Thanks in advance!
I use AwesomePhotoFinder.

Reaction score
Thanks in advance!

Hi, I use ACDSee Photo Studio to manage my photos. There is a very powerful de-dupe function which looks at the individual pics to identify duplicates (presumably via the HASH?). You can search for duplicated within the same directory or structure or compare two different directories or structures, and also batch rename using are wide range of wildcards. Definitely worth a look in my opinion.

Reaction score
DupeGuru

Ask a Question