SOLVED Edge Browser

Reaction score
To be honest, I find edge browser the most difficult browser to set up. You can't stop microsoft from extracting your data, and you have to do an annoying cookie banner to extract more data because it will always start up that way. Any offers to say it's a better browser?.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I won't say it's better, just different. Have to acknowledge that things started big changes with Windows 8 and the hardware using touch screen like some monitors, Notebooks and especially Tablets and SmartPhones so the methods of doing things changed and that's part of why Edge differs from Internet Explorer and other browsers but seems to be a lot like Google Chrome. I seldom use Chrome but do have an older ChromeBook so have to be acquainted with it. The basis of some browsers is actually Chromium. My favorite is Firefox but also have Vivaldi and SeaMonkey [which has a built-in E-Mail client as an option].

Reaction score
To be honest Bighorn I prefer Firefox as my main browser, I just wanted to see what all the shouting was about with some people saying it's better and safer than Firefox. Firefox is so much easier than Edge, simple to set up too and security is great. I did use Vivaldi, but in a way that's confusing on set up, but both don't show the stupid cookie banner like Edge everytime you open them.

Reaction score
Sorry Iceboy. It seems we dont have a choice in the matter. We are forced to accept Edge regularly through windows update which usually fails on my computer. I dont like it at all. When something is forced on one it is, in the real world called rape. I would be interested if you find how to stop it intruding on my computer without my permission?

Reaction score
I don't think Edge can be fully stopped. IE11 has been done away with in my Win11 Pro, putting iexplore in the Start, Run box now brings up Edge.

Ask a Question