New Edge keeps losing pin tabs website at top of browser page.

Reaction score
When you select to (pin tab) a website it used to be they would stray pinned at the top of the browser page until you decide to (unpin tab) a web site. I may have 10 to 20 pined websites at any given time and unpin them if I decide not to need them or move the website to a corresponding folder in file manager or maybe the desktop. Now my multiple pinned tab websites keep disappearing after a few boots or sometimes just closing the Edge Browser and reopening the Edge browser. This never was a problem until a few updates and the New Edge was installed. I cannot have pinned website that I count on being there disappearing. This is a bug or a bad joke. Let’s get this corrected once and for all.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
So you're essentially saving as a bookmark....whether it's as is or saved into a folder in the bookmark bar. Do you have the bookmark bar enabled....ie to show?

I use Chrome as my primary browser and the New Edge Chromium as my secondary browser. Both are set up identically and never had an experience like your describing.

What version of 10 are your running? Use the native search box for 10 and type in winver then click on winver. This will show you what version of 10 you have.

Reaction score
Windows 10 2004 build lasted updates. New EDGE no update available. Microsoft made sure SYNC was check "ON" and that allowed me to start saving pinned tabs again at the top of the browser page. Everything was working fine for a few day as I had important need pinned tabs saved. Out of nowhere I opened EDGE and again my saved or pinned tabs are all gone. SYNC is still enabled so noting changed. I have also see several posts to this situation others experiencing. I need to trust that EDGE is going to work properly and a simple function of keeping pinned tabs until I decide to unpin them should not be a flawed example of the browser software.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Windows 10 2004 build lasted updates.
The new W10 update is 2009.....aka 20H2.

I would manually check for New Edge Chromium for an update.....settings, help, about.

If this doesn't work, I'd start looking for some type of malware, rouge browser extension, corrupt browser extensions, Trojan or a bug of some kind hijacked to the browser or in the system itself.

Reaction score
Windows 10 2004 build lasted updates. New EDGE no update available. Microsoft made sure SYNC was check "ON" and that allowed me to start saving pinned tabs again at the top of the browser page. Everything was working fine for a few day as I had important need pinned tabs saved. Out of nowhere I opened EDGE and again my saved or pinned tabs are all gone. SYNC is still enabled so noting changed. I have also see several posts to this situation others experiencing. I need to trust that EDGE is going to work properly and a simple function of keeping pinned tabs until I decide to unpin them should not be a flawed example of the browser software.
hi did you find a solution ? in my case its only skype app that unpins when i reboot. strangely when i go to apps to start skype , the skype app is underlined in white ! no other apps underlined like this.

Ask a Question