Windows Edge

Reaction score
No matter how many times I delete my browser history in Edge after a few days sometimes weeks they all seem to reappear which means I spend most of my time redeleting them. I always delete my history daily.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi billc,

are you using the latest version of Edge (Chromium) ?. :)

Reaction score
Pass, I know that all updates are installed. Just checked was installed on 4/11/2020 and yet I still had the same problem today.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you using an older version of Win 10?. :)

Reaction score
No, the very latest version it as been the same all the time, was using windows explorer 11 most of the time but now have to use Edge.

Reaction score
Have you gone into Edge Settings > Privacy, search & services and made your selections there?. Access via the 3 dots top right of Edge browser then settings!. :)

1604730515239.png

Reaction score
Its when I go into history then manage then delete everything from the previous day that then reappears sometime later, last week i went into settings and cleared everything including the cache but the same thing has happened again today all the 587 I deleted today are back.
Just went into the settings menu and cleared everything then went back into manage history where I usually delete browsing history and everything is still there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you click on "Choose what to clear every time you close the browser" and set it to everything, does it still happen?. Do you have something set in "Do not clear"?. :)

I have everything marked!.

1604742521210.png

Ask a Question