Want option to uninstall MS Edge

Reaction score
I only use Firefox. I bought and paid for my computer, and should have control over what is installed on it. But no, MS has control over that. Please make it to where we can get rid of it, I doubt it's impossible to do that, all you have to do is unlock it from Win10.

Reaction score
You have full control!
Make Firefox your default browser and do not use Edge.
It is integrated with Windows and cannot be uninstalled.

Reaction score
And if wanting to avoid inadvertently clicking a Tile or Icon try right-click and Unpin, hides them but doesn't uninstall as mentioned by @davehc. A number of things removed from Win10 will just come back at the next Version Upgrade, maybe once in awhile with a Build update, same for customizations such as changes in the Registry.

Reaction score
I keep getting Updates for Edge, but the updates keep failing, and keep retrying over and over again. Then before my desktop starts, the failed update does some kind of reset, and it causes me to have to reboot Windows about 3 times before I can get a successful reboot. Then I have to log back into my games.

I know Edge is built into Win10, but Devs could change that in future updates to give us an option to remove it. I'm really getting tired of the Edge update failures and resetting everything before returning to my desktop.

Reaction score
I only use Firefox. I bought and paid for my computer, and should have control over what is installed on it. But no, MS has control over that. Please make it to where we can get rid of it, I doubt it's impossible to do that, all you have to do is unlock it from Win10.

If you read the Windows license carefully I think you will find that you have Windows on what is essentially a permanent maintenance lease until such time as Microsoft decide it is no longer supported. Somewhere in all that tiny print you will also find that Microsoft may include any software that they own in that copy of Windows. And that they reserve the right to update your copy of Windows as they see fit.

But you can just not use some parts of it. I do not use Cortana and disable it from starting. I haven't used a Microsoft email product since I retired ( 2006). I haven't used Internet explorer since then either and my usage of Edge was for a few minutes to see how well it worked and not since.

So just ignore Edge if you don't like it.

If MS really upsets you then move to Linux. I think Firefox is available for Linux. But you might find some of your favorite games are not available

Reaction score
I don't get notices about Edge updates unless I open it or go to Edge's Help and About. I'm now using Version 86.0.622.63 (Official build) (64-bit). If I use Internet Explorer 11 I sometimes get a notice about changing to Edge and some sites won't allow IE.

Reaction score
Possibly you still have the older version of Edge. If so update to the new Chrome version and you may not be troubled anymore

Ask a Question