No option to disable password in netplwiz

Reaction score
Hi there, I just installed a fresh copy of windows 10 and since I am the only one using my computer and it is safe at home I want to disable the password so when it boots up I don't have to log on. I read that to do this you can disable it in netplwiz but when I go there, there is simply no option to disable the password.
1592616703415.png

Does anyone know why this might be? Thanks.

Reaction score
I believe you are using the "Hello" sign for sign in. This does not use a password.
Settings - Accounts. Check your sign in options.

Reaction score
Hi warden66.

what type of account do you have, a local account or are you using an MS account when logged in?.

See also. :)

Reaction score
In the settings path which I described, did you select the option to sign in with a password? Using the Hello choices (in the same settings path) will definitely remove the opportunity to use netplwiz options

Reaction score
Hi warden66.

what type of account do you have, a local account or are you using an MS account when logged in?.

See also. :)

I'm using a local account.

Reaction score
In the settings path which I described, did you select the option to sign in with a password? Using the Hello choices (in the same settings path) will definitely remove the opportunity to use netplwiz options
Yes I have selected the sign in with password option.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I think you need to be signed in with a Admin account and then you have to verify that account for complete access to the system.

Reaction score
I think you need to be signed in with a Admin account and then you have to verify that account for complete access to the system.
The account is an admin account. In fact it's the only account on the entire system. How do I verify it for complete access?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
In post number 8 you stated you're using a local account. A local account is not an admin account. So which is it?

Reaction score
In post number 8 you stated you're using a local account. A local account is not an admin account. So which is it?
Oh I thought that a local account can be an admin account. I'm pretty sure it is though because I have all the admin powers and when I run net user command in cmd it says that the account is admin.
1592709608446.png

Reaction score
As Bassfisher says. It is not a true Admin.
Do this:
Open Settings -Accounts - Family and other users.
Select your account and, underneath will be a popup. Select change account type. Select Admin... You should then be ok.

Reaction score
As Bassfisher says. It is not a true Admin.
Do this:
Open Settings -Accounts - Family and other users.
Select your account and, underneath will be a popup. Select change account type. Select Admin... You should then be ok.
I don't see that option, where is it exactly? My account doesn't show up in family and other users.
1592714755296.png

Reaction score
Exactly where I indicated. Sorry, I cannot see any more options to solve your problem. You appear to have too many differences from what I see on my computer(s)

Reaction score
Open Control Panel > User Accounts > Change user account type and check to see if it is set as "Standard or Administrator". :)

1592724151241.png

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Oh I thought that a local account can be an admin account. I'm pretty sure it is though because I have all the admin powers and when I run net user command in cmd it says that the account is admin.
View attachment 11943
That's a local account. You have to setup a MS Account then it needs to be verified. Once that is done then you can use netplwiz.

Ask a Question