Duplicate sign in options

Reaction score
When I first start up it defaults to sign in for an account that doesn't exist. I believe I deleted the actual account but can't get rid of the option to sign in and that is the one that defaults. How can I remove that sign in option?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the Forum dahlia.

Your post reminds me of a Ghost user account issue that arose several years ago for Windows 10 users.

When you are at your Desktop, can you do the following:
  • Press your Windows key once to give focus to the Cortana search box
  • Now type netplwiz and press Enter key to open the User Accounts dialog
  • In the panel that displays Users for this computer left-click once on your Username you normally sign-in with & select Properties

You should now see a new dialog with three items displayed: User name, Full name, and Description.

Can you confirm for us whether or not the User name field contains the username of the account you thought you deleted please.

img.png

That information will help the forum members understand your issue better, and then hopefully, provide you a solution.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Presumably you have looked in the settings - Accounts, and, in there, examined the "Sign in " options and Email and accounts?

Ask a Question