Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Reaction score
Hello
I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV.
I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work. Opera cannot find any Cast destinations.
On Windows side, if I search for wireless display from notifications/project area, it does not find my TV. If I click Connect in the notifications area, it does not find my TV.
The TV is listed under Other devices in my devices and printers settings, but is always disconnected.
I have attached images for this.
Please help, connect.jpeg ] otherdeviceslist.jpeg
connect.jpeg
otherdeviceslist.jpeg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think the Windows 10 "Cast to device" feature works with Chromecast - that's Google's separate device, and although it'll show up under Multimedia Devices and work within Chrome for casting the browser and videos, it doesn't work to extend the display (at least it didn't when I last tried).

You'll need a WiDi (Wireless Display) device, or something like a Microsoft Miracast HDMI device (similar to Chromecast).

This is what I use to cast the screen:
https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-P3Q-00001-Wireless-Display-Adapter/dp/B01AZC3J3M/

Reaction score
Roku 3 is what you need. I have chromecast , apple tv , roku 3 without a question roku 3 is only device i have been able to use my tv as a wireless display with win10. Roku3 is a solid device for many other reasons. If any uses win10 buy a roku 3 thank me later

Ask a Question