Macrium reflect Boot Menu option

Reaction score
I added a Macrium reflect Boot Menu option, but for some reason its no longer there and Macrium reflect doesnt have the option any more to add the boot menu option
Any ideas how I can fix this please

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry your post hasn't received any attention.
I know we have members who are Macrium Reflect users.
My first thought is that most if not all of them probably use bootable recovery media instead of actually using the "boot menu" option.

Personally I've never used it, preferring Acronis TI instead, but....
I did find this which may or may not be helpful as it is somewhat dated

I notice the left column includes information about creating bootable "rescue media".

Reaction score
Agreed. Maybe only my own thoughts, but using a recovery option from within the OS would not, for me, be satisfactory. I use Macrium, and, yes, it does offer to make a bootable media which presents the macrium recovery or backup choices. Never let me down

Reaction score
I love MR, never ever let me down, I found the create a boot option, it’s under create recovery media, used to be a separate option in the main menu......just like Apple they move things around so they can’t be found I have tried Acronis in the past, but the image restore failed a few times so decided not to use it again.....suppose be a good idea to have both running and back up alternate times.....belt n braces thanks

Reaction score
I use 3 Backup Programs so to keep abreast for my Clients.
1. Macrium
2. Paragon
3. SnapShot
4 .Acronis is last due to it is more difficult and does not stay 100% abreast for the latest Windows.
for any of them I find it best to add them to a Win10PE.usb then boot to and run, also very easy to upgrade the USB and save time and space from Install to OS.

Reaction score
One option you can try is rebuilding your Rescue Media / boot menu recovery files. To do that, go through the Create Rescue Media wizard and on the last step where you choose a target disc/USB drive, click the Rebuild button and follow that wizard. When you return to the target device step, you can just close out of it because the files will have been updated. Then try the boot menu recovery option again.

Ask a Question