Office 2010 upgrade options...

Reaction score
Been using 2010 for wife and I and we mainly use outlook and word, but I use OneDrive for moving photos/documents/files from iPhone/iPad for transfer to PC. If I get MS 365 are all my mail, files, etc. kept on home PC or in the cloud or both? Any other option along with feedback on +/-'s of 365 besides the monthly cost. I come from an age when I purchased software(LOL)! Or we could just keep 2010 since it works but at some point MS is going to force a upgrade I think???

thanks

Reaction score
What version of Windows are you using? Windows now, on installation, assumes that everything you generate is stored on Onedrive.

I think that full MS 365 is CAD$109/year for 6 users, that includes 1Tb of data in the cloud per person. (CAD$79 each for single subscription) I think that includes the variants that run on tablets and phones but I am not sure ( only )use it on PCs.
Look it up for your country/currency https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/microsoft-365/buy/compare-all-microsoft-365-products

Which compared to the cost of Office when I retired in 2006 is essentially free!
I believe that when the Windows release in 2021 appears Office 2010 may no longer be supported...not sure...my Insider PC insisted on updating to 365.

We use it here although we only use Excel and Word...I don't like Outlook.

Ask a Question