Trying to download M/S Office 2010 on Win 10 but it stops

Reaction score
I have had about 6 attempts to download M/S Office 2010 Home & Business, at first it took a few hours to get to 4%. My best effort was 28% when I had to go out. Currently I am downloading it for the 7th time, and got to 16% (still loading). If I change the screen, it seems to stop loading, and goes into my download file as a partial file. There is no way I can get it up and running again, so have to start all over again. I understand Silverlight may help, but that is on the download so ....

When I go into the download file, where it says "partial..." it only gives me the option to save or open. I'd be lying if I said I was not frustrated :( How can I make the biggest (yet) download, to resume????

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Joodyanne,

Are you using a wireless network?

If you are you may improve your situation plugging in an Ethernet cable directly to the network.

Also, do you have a printer installed or some add-on like a PDF creator installed? If yes your Print Spooler will be running and if you stop this temporarily it may improve your downloading/installing issue too:
  • Press Winkey + R to open run dialog
  • Type services.msc then click OK or press ENTER key
  • Scroll down to Print Spooler then double-click then select Stop

Once you successfully download and install your Office application, repeat above steps and click Start on the Print Spooler.

Finally, you did not mention whether you chose the option to Automatically install after download or not. If you have chosen this option, you may find it better instead to download the Offline installation file.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Are you using a wireless network?
No

If you are you may improve your situation plugging in an Ethernet cable directly to the network.
I finally got it downloaded after several hours and tried unsuccessfully to set up outlook - a few problems there. It actually told me that I had used up all the downloads I was entitled to. Tho because I didn't activate it, Word, Excel etc seem to be working ok.

Also, do you have a printer installed or some add-on like a PDF creator installed? If yes your Print Spooler will be running and if you stop this temporarily it may improve your downloading/installing issue too:
  • Press Winkey + R to open run dialog
  • Type services.msc then click OK or press ENTER key
  • Scroll down to Print Spooler then double-click then select Stop

Once you successfully download and install your Office application, repeat above steps and click Start on the Print Spooler.
No printer installed, I don't need one actually, thanks.

Finally, you did not mention whether you chose the option to Automatically install after download or not. If you have chosen this option, you may find it better instead to download the Offline installation file.
It did not automatically install - but it's all done now thanks, as I said I just have to work on the settings for Outlook. I am not on Win10 at the moment, but when I do, I will send error messages.

Ask a Question