Trying to download pictures

Reaction score
After installing windows 10 I cannot download any pictures from the Samsung Galaxy phone to the computer. It had worked fine when I had Windows 8.1 but know it wont even recognize that I have the phone attached? Willie

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Unplug your phone from your PC.
Go into Device Manager,
From the menu bar, select "View" -> "Show Hidden Devices"
Expand "Portable Devices"
Look for any reference to your phone and right click it and uninstall it.
Reboot your computer.
Plug your phone in.

Reaction score
Hi Trouble, would this work for a digital camera?
The first time I loaded Win 10 it said I had no pictures on the camera which was incorrect.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Hi Trouble, would this work for a digital camera?
The first time I loaded Win 10 it said I had no pictures on the camera which was incorrect.

This may be due to the device itself not being compatible with this windows version. From personal experience with a GPS device (TomTom ONE) it would work perfectly with windows 7 as it was designed for but using it with windows 8/8.1/10 it doesn't work properly. Some times it's recognized and other times it's not and not accessible. So I only use that device with windows 7.

Reaction score
This may be due to the device itself not being compatible with this windows version. From personal experience with a GPS device (TomTom ONE) it would work perfectly with windows 7 as it was designed for but using it with windows 8/8.1/10 it doesn't work properly. Some times it's recognized and other times it's not and not accessible. So I only use that device with windows 7.

May need to reinstall the Samsung usb driver for windows.

Reaction score
Thanks for that bassfinder. I'm trying to find as many Win 10 device drivers for all my stuff.
I noticed that Canon has supposedly brought out new drivers for my printers. When I downloaded them the file size was exactly the same as my Win 7 driver lolol

Reaction score
Apologies. I was referring to this "After installing windows 10 I cannot download any pictures from the Samsung Galaxy phone to the computer."

Reaction score
Hi Dave, nah that thread was from a guy named Willie. I know you probably get bombarded with so much stuff you don't know if your Arthur or Martha lol.

Ask a Question