MS office 2010 in Windows 10

Reaction score
I have installed Windows 10, it is built with MS office 2007. I have dual OS i.e. Windows 7 in another hard disc built with MS office 2010 ; Can I transfer Office 2010 to Windows 10 ( when I attempted , it says win 10 has to be configured for that . how to do it ?

Reaction score
you can't just copy and paste your Office 2010 from your Win7 drive to the Win10 drive. Office needs to be reinstalled in Windows 10.

Reaction score
Also be aware that Office 2010 comes as 32-bit or 64-bit, first version to be that way.

If using the 64-bit version on 64-bit Windows you have to first uninstall/remove all of the 32-bit version and the separate installs of the Viewers [Word, Excel, PowerPoint] and the Compatibility Pack/File Converter [which have been/are being discontinued].

The Compatibility Pack is needed by Office 2000 through Office 2003 for compatibility with Office 2007 and later file formats.

To eliminate confusion, Microsoft Office may be included with a Windows computer but is a separate program, not actually needed for running Windows.

Reaction score
I have installed Windows 10, it is built with MS office 2007. I have dual OS i.e. Windows 7 in another hard disc built with MS office 2010 ; Can I transfer Office 2010 to Windows 10 ( when I attempted , it says win 10 has to be configured for that . how to do it ?

I'm not sure running Office 2010 on 2 OS's with the same key is valid under the license agreement.

Reaction score
Check the EULA/End Users License Agreement, may say it can be installed on a workstation and a portable device controlled by the same person, or words to that effect.

Reaction score
Cut and pasted from EULA

1. OVERVIEW. The software is licensed on a per copy per device basis. A hardware partition or blade is considered to be a separate device.
2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. a. One Copy per Device. You may install one copy of the software on one device. That device is the “licensed device.” b. Licensed Device. You may only use one copy of the software on the licensed device at a time.

e. Alternative Versions. The software may include more than one version, such as 32-bit and 64-bit. You may install and use only one version at a time.

Each partition is considered another device. It sounds like you can install 32 bit on one drive and 64 on another as long as you don't use both at same time.

Ask a Question