Where are the sleep mode options in Windows 10 2004?

Reaction score
Hello
I am wisely trying out windows 10 2004 virtualised and are looking to change the power options.

I installed windows updates and after a while the machine froze and was unresponsive.

I then realized I did not set the power options to the way I like it.

In the power & sleep setting the option to change the time to turn off the screenbut no option to turn off sleep.

There is a Performance & Energy bar I put into Best performance mode.

I have turn off hibernation using the powercfg command in administrative mode in the command prompt.

So I do not want to turn on hibernation or sleep EVER.

Also I DO NOT wish to run any 'sleep studies'

Where are the options to never sleep and most importantly not run any sleep studies?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Use the search bar next to the start menu and type control panel. Click on Control Panel App. Choose Power Options. Next to the Power Plan that you have chosen, click Change plan settings. There you can select Never under Put the computer to sleep.

Reaction score
Hi there,
Open Control Panel>All Control panel Items>Power options>Change with computer sleeps>Change advanced power settings to find the "Sleep" option and configure sleep.

For a local pc sign in
Go to Local group policy editor and then navigate to Computer configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Power Management > Sleep Settings to check if any option is configured.

Ask a Question