Windows 10 - Where does this background picture come from??

Reaction score
Hi,
I just restarted my computer to find this new desktop background picture and I can't find it's file location on my laptop. Is this something current? I just want to make sure I'm not synced with my last job's laptop which was a smoothie company, and the picture looks similar to their aesthetic... If someone reads this, I would be so grateful of your help with all the steps to make sure nobody has access to my laptop.
Thanks in advance
1594517042317.png

Reaction score
Hi,

check in File Explorer > This PC > Local disk C: > Windows > Web and checked what is stored there. :)

1594537501436.png

Reaction score
Plus. It isn't a default picture unless it is related to your region. Change it to one of the ones indicated in Wolfie's link if it bothers you.
But, addressing you concern. it is not an intrusion on your privacy/computer. It could be something you installed from the past which is lingering.

Reaction score
Thank you, guys. I checked in my Web folders but nothing there Wolfie. I did change it back to the neutral windows background and every time I restart it keeps changing back to that image davehc. Do you guys know another way I can find in which folder it is?
1594939319855.png
1594939391901.png
1594939456990.png

Attachments

• 1594939435805.png
    1594939435805.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 175
Reaction score
take a look here as there are mine stored:

C:\Users\{yourUsername}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles

you may find it there. If you do not want it, you should be able to delete it. I am thinking that some program has stored a picture and Windows sees it as default.... Just an educated guess, for what its worth.

Reaction score
What do you mean when you say that where it comes from?
Do you mean the source? If yes then It may be from Microsoft-house.
They pre-load some themes with the install.
Microsoft may have brought the rights to this picture from the creator.

Reaction score
take a look here as there are mine stored:

C:\Users\{yourUsername}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles

you may find it there. If you do not want it, you should be able to delete it. I am thinking that some program has stored a picture and Windows sees it as default.... Just an educated guess, for what its worth.
Thanks...I looked for the img but nothing.

Reaction score
What do you mean when you say that where it comes from?
Do you mean the source? If yes then It may be from Microsoft-house.
They pre-load some themes with the install.
Microsoft may have brought the rights to this picture from the creator.
Yes exactly what I meant, the source. Okay so how do I verify if it's from Microsoft House?

Reaction score
Yes it does. It's the second time that I changed it in the settings and it keeps coming back. It's driving me crazy not to know the source
Double check the path (see post #2), if it is showing as you say, it must be there somewhere?. :)

Reaction score
Do you have any other PCs?
Is your PC set to sync with your Microsoft account?
I wonder if it’s a photo from another PC.

Reaction score
Do you have any other PCs?
Is your PC set to sync with your Microsoft account?
I wonder if it’s a photo from another PC.
Maybe...I had one of my emails synched to my previous job's laptop, but I remember unsynching everything so I have no idea how to verify,

Reaction score
Is sync on? Perhaps the photo is now on your Microsoft account.
Turn sync off & change the background picture several times so it disappears from the list of used photos.
If you wish turn sync back on, if it reappears then there’s something connected to your MS account still.
Settings>Accounts>Sync your settings>Turn off Theme.

Ask a Question