SOLVED Where to change Windows sampling rate? Is it hidden

Reaction score
I work with audio using an external audio usb interface running at 44.1k. Windows is changing it to 48k for some reason...

so I have to set Windows sampling rate to 44.1k to match my external audio usb interface (scarlett 18i20).

But I cannot access any page where I can do that inside windows. As u can see in the screenshot, "Playback/Speakers" have no advanced tab to configure.

I tried to set Device Usage: enable, disable.., nothing works.

How can I do that?

Attachments

• 2019-03-29 12_57_06-Window.png
    2019-03-29 12_57_06-Window.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 294

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You are showing the property boxes for devices that are not being used (disconnected or unplugged).
Wouldn't what you are looking for be in the properties of the device you are actually using.
At least that's what mine shows

Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
You are showing the property boxes for devices that are not being used (disconnected or unplugged).
Wouldn't what you are looking for be in the properties of the device you are actually using.
At least that's what mine shows

View attachment 9951
Hi

I believe I fixed it!

I went to my motherboads drivers website and installed Realtek, from there I could set windows to 44.1k as default (or I hope so!).
So far, no problems... :)

Weird thing is that, I've been using this interface for over 5 years and never had this issue of Windows out of sudden starting changing from 44.1k to 48k every time I run a brownser or a music player...
Never had to install Realtek or any driver except the one in which is used by my interface.

Hope this is solved! Thank you

Ask a Question