SOLVED Where are my Favorites stored for Edge?

Reaction score
I have tried all the suggestions I could find and still have not found where Edge is storing my Favorites for Edge. I imported favorites from Firefox using an html file. I really despise using Edge, but there are some wildlife cams that for whatever reason Firefox will not load the streaming video. Firefox sync made a mess of my bookmarks so I want to try and update the favorites in Edge via a restore of favorites.

Reaction score
Click as shown here:

And, to import, open the settings by clicking the three bar icon, top right. Click Favourites in there. Toåp right in the new window, click the cog wheel. Down the list you will see the option to import your favourites.

Reaction score
If you are using an older build, you will find them here:
(C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default)

For the past few months, however, they are now stored in a database.
Best option is to arrange your favourites as you like them in IE, and then import them to edge.

I understand there are third party programs that can edit the edge favourites, however

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I pretty certain it is located here AND is called "spartan.edb" which is a database file.
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\120712-0049\DBStore

There is no practical means or method to edit this file within Windows 10 or Microsoft Edge natively except the normal nominal moving, deleting and renaming.

I use a third party program which I've found particularly useful for bulk tasks like cleaning up the ugly "Imported from" folder and placing its' contents normally under the root "favorites" heading as well as bulk sorting and other such tasks.

NOTE: I'm not endorsing or otherwise suggesting that this is a tool you will find, works for you as I have no idea what your intentions are, I'm simply passing along something that I've found useful.
ALSO: Once you have made any changes you should be aware that you need to use the "File" menu item from the toolbar to "Save" those changes.

Reaction score
If you are using an older build, you will find them here:
(C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default)

For the past few months, however, they are now stored in a database.
Best option is to arrange your favourites as you like them in IE, and then import them to edge.

I understand there are third party programs that can edit the edge favourites, however
Not there on my PC. My build 17763.rs5 release 1809_1434

Reaction score
I pretty certain it is located here AND is called "spartan.edb" which is a database file.
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\120712-0049\DBStore

There is no practical means or method to edit this file within Windows 10 or Microsoft Edge natively except the normal nominal moving, deleting and renaming.

I use a third party program which I've found particularly useful for bulk tasks like cleaning up the ugly "Imported from" folder and placing its' contents normally under the root "favorites" heading as well as bulk sorting and other such tasks.

NOTE: I'm not endorsing or otherwise suggesting that this is a tool you will find, works for you as I have no idea what your intentions are, I'm simply passing along something that I've found useful.
ALSO: Once you have made any changes you should be aware that you need to use the "File" menu item from the toolbar to "Save" those changes.
I will take a look at that. That is the biggest reason I dislike Edge. They make is so hard to keep favorites the same across other browsers. When Edge first came out I was using Xmarks and of course it did not support Edge. Now the Xmarks is gone I just save my main favorites on my desktop PC with Firefox and use that file to restore on my other Firefox computers and that has been working fine for me.

Reaction score
Just tried the utility. Works fine.
Sure does. I think that will do just what I am looking for. Leave it up to MS to make things difficult.
The only thing keeping me from going to Linux is all the software I have won't work.

Ask a Question