Not sure where to install windows

Reaction score
i am deleting old windows and I am installing a new fresh copy. I am faced with a lot of options to where to install it

There seems to be other partitions, which ones can I safely delete, Do I need to delete other partitions?

Attachments

• zfiysZ1.jpg
    zfiysZ1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Windows 10 itself needs at least 20 GB of space, and I assume you will want to install other apps etcetera after that, so you will most like want to use the partition highlighted in your image.

Part of that partition may be used to create a Hidden Recovery partition for your install, and that could be around 450 MB in size.

Reaction score
It looks like you have the typical partitioning from your manufacturer on your hard drive. Partitions 4 and higher have to do with your factory reset (at least 4,5 and 6 have to do with it). If you do not need to restore the computer to the factory settings (when you took it out of the box), then theoretically you can delete those as well as the rest of it. That way you will only have one reserved partition and one with your OS on it.
Of course you may have to look for appropriate drivers on the Lenovo Website for your model.
From what I can see in the picture you provided, you must have a 2TB drive in your computer (at least).
Question is, do you need that much?
This is only a suggestion what I wrote above. I do not know what you want to do with your computer and a SSD in that size will set you back quite a bit ( they are not cheap), so a regular HDD will be price wise of advantage.

I personally like to keep the original drive intact (have done that with my laptops) and purchased a new drive (SSD preferred) and installed the new system on that (for me, a 500GB was sufficient).

Ask a Question