Help corrupt files not sure

Reaction score
2 months ago, I realised something was wrong when I could not right click on any PDF file, it would just disappear and the desktop would reappear. We thought it was a virus attack, cleaned up the system, but this did not help. We ended up having to restore the system to when it was purchased.
Yesterday the same has happened again, no word, excel, PDF files can be looked at via the right click button fxn. I can only copy folders!
I am getting pretty frustrated, the antivirus nor anti malware installed has detected any threat.
What next?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Nisha,

Welcome to the Forum.

Could you clarify your question please.

When you say you cannot open Excel, Word or PDF files by right-clicking is this because the choice to Open or Open With in the context menu that appears after right-clicking a file is greyed out or do you mean after selecting Open the file simply fails to open?

Reaction score
Hi Thank you.
The minute I use the right click button on any file the screen blanks out and then returns to the desktop. So no options are even displayed.

Ask a Question