SOLVED Unsure if this is a Win 10 or Google Chrome issue

Reaction score
Windows 10 V1607 64bit, Malwarebytes, Kapersky Internet Security and Google Chrome V58. All up-todate

For whatever reason, recently when opening Chrome the little blue rotating circle top left of screen. Rotates for approx 20 secs, then changes direction for another 15 secs and then Chromes is ready for use. But once opened it seems to be ok. Its just when loading itself from the taskbar that its so slow.

Tried turning off both KIS and Malware also Defender, no difference.
Tried running malware scan, KIS scan also SuperAntiSpyware, no difference.
Tried clearing Recycle bin and disabling AdBlocker, no difference.
Tried resetting Winsock, clearing all data/history etc from Chrome, no diiference
Yet Microsoft Edge is only alittle faster loading.
Carried out various things suggested from searches, checking/disabling extensions/plugins (which this version of chrome no longer has a link to chrome://plugins) and many more.
Any clues/Tips

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi windy10,

First, my sympathy for your Nations recent terrorism ordeals both in Manchester and now London.

I personally, use Microsoft Edge as my main browser, however, I do also use Google Chrome fairly often too and have the latest build.

Something worth trying would be to disable Hardware Acceleration by going to Google Chromes:
  • Clicking the 3 vertical dots on top right corner of Google Chrome
  • Selecting settings
  • Scroll to bottom of page and clicking Show advanced settings
  • Scroll down to System and remove the check next to Use hardware acceleration when available
Sample image

sample.png
  • Now close browser and re-open to see if there is any improvement.

Re: Plugins, I suspect you probably mean chrome://extensions but nevertheless, there are some sandboxed plugins located in the Advanced settings under Privacy > Content section:

Sample image

sample2.png

I'd be surprized if they were causing any issues, but you never know, it may be worth checking all the same.

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi windy10,

I am glad you worked out a method to resolve your issue.

Thank you for sharing how you resolved it. That may help someone else in the future.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question