SOLVED Snip & Sketch where saved.

Reaction score
Using Snip & Sketch, made to believe it is saved in clipboard. On opening Clipboard, all are grayed out. Am I searching incorrectly to find where Snip & Sketch was save to? I require this for attaching contents in an email or sending for a request asked for.

Reaction score
Press the WinKey and V to see the clipboard contents, reboot and they will be gone. Most of the icons on the bar appear dimmer until there's fresh data but may still be available such as the floppy disk icon meaning any storage device or press Ctrl+S for Save as.

Reaction score
Have to disagree, I'm afraid. Snip and sketch saves to memory. You can then, for example, open a text editor or Email and click and paste or use Ctr v.
It also has the shortcut which you can set upas resident, to use the PrtScr key to bring up a click and open tab for rectangles ..etc.
It works!

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
This is exactly why I hate all these Freaking apps MS is pushing on us.....they either half ass work or don't do exactly like I need them to work. I delete 99% of them.....the ones I can and don't need/use.
just give me the full blown software please.

Thank you! I feel better now.

Reaction score
What dont you think isnt working with the Snip and Sketch? Not using the old snipper right now, but didnt that do the same?

Reaction score
There's more 'features' or 'controls' added to Snip and Sketch that should be helpful but since my chemo I don't have steady-enough use of my hands/fingers to use some of them properly.

Reaction score
Gentlemen thank you for responses. During chat with Microsoft representative regarding an error experienced by me. He requested a screenshot be sent to him. A screen shot was taken, well thought I had, unfortunately unable to find this Snip & sketch, as I can't find clipboard for a start. I am lost on this one.

Reaction score
The Winkey + V can display a number of clips that have been taken since the last boot/startup,probably a couple dozen but I haven't counted.

Historically it seems to be the same as started with Microsoft Office a few versions ago in its increase in the number of clips and the ability to Select random bits of text in a document.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
That right there is the biggest issue for me with the new snip/sketch.....with the old snipping tool....when you click save it saves it to the pictures folder by default....I know where it is and how to retrieve it and use it from there.

Maybe I'm just too old school to change. LOL!

Reaction score
Ok. Back at home again and on my computer. Just tried the old snipper. It pops up with a big warning that it is soon going to be redundant!
Most of the options are exactly the same as in the new tool. It offers, as does the new one, to save before closing.
Bass, without changing anything, I found that, by default, it " saves as" to here
This Pc-Local disk- Users - Username - Pictures You can decide that with the little
1590850771560.png

Reaction score
Is there a quick and final procedure to save a Screen Shot and send off as an attachment as I was requested to provide by the email sender to me.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Ok. Back at home again and on my computer. Just tried the old snipper. It pops up with a big warning that it is soon going to be redundant!
Most of the options are exactly the same as in the new tool. It offers, as does the new one, to save before closing.
Bass, without changing anything, I found that, by default, it " saves as" to here
This Pc-Local disk- Users - Username - Pictures You can decide that with the little
View attachment 11796
Wow....I got the same message.

TBH....I tried the snip/sketch....they really made some changes to it, from what I remember when I tried the first time. OK...I now have 2 app I like and will use from now on.

Reaction score
Snip/Sketch is not what I use on a daily basis, with an abundance of writings available on the Net as to setting Snip/sketch up, best to close this topic. Thank all for interest shown.

Ask a Question