SOLVED Snip & Sketch

Reaction score
By now, I am sure all have heard the the old "snipping Tool" is to be replaced by "Snip & Sketch", which is already sitting in the start menu. It needs a little relearning.
But, I was wandering through the settings, and found an entry I had not previously noticed. Under Ease of Access - Keyboard you can see, as in my picture. If you mark this facility on, from then on, whenever you press the PrntScn key, the snip function is available. I am sure many have already found it, but thought I would pass it on.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I like it. Thanks for the tip.
Never noticed it before, but....
In my defense, I still use the old snipping tool although this might tip me over into using the new offering.

Reaction score
I echo you feelings. Determination made me keep using the new tool —I,m ok with it now

Reaction score
I saw that the other day and debated whether I wanted to try it as I usually paste print screens in to Irfanview. But I'm willing to give it a shot.

Reaction score
Just an add_ You can also press the window Key +Shift +s and grab any part of the screen

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I find very little use for the Full Screen capture...
I much prefer the "Window" snip available in the old program.
I have two monitors and I rarely if ever need a capture of what's on both monitors, but.....
I am often producing images of a single Window that is open and while I know the Rectangle snip would handle it, I think it's way more convenient to just click and open Window rather than tracing the external edges with a rectangle selection tool.
Besides
IF I ever what a "Full Screen" snip, the Windows Logo key and the Print Screen key in combination still works fine for that.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
And in the old tool.
I am often producing images of a single Window that is open and while I know the Rectangle snip would handle it, I think it's way more convenient to just click and open Window rather than tracing the external edges with a rectangle selection tool.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great tip, I didn't know about this, but it will save me a lot of time :)!

Ask a Question