SOLVED Snipping Tool Problem when printing

Reaction score
When I print anything I've snipped (even if I paste it first into Word) and even it it looks perfect in print preview, the snipped document magnifies by itself and I only get a portion of the snipped document on the page I print.
Ideas why this may be happening?

Reaction score
Any chance your printer settings have a "scale" setting that is involved?

Reaction score
Not sure, but willing to consider everything. However, if that were the case, would it not affect all my printing. It's uniquely the parts of any page that have been put on the page via the snipping tool that auto-enlarge on their own.

Reaction score
I haven't been able to duplicate your problem, so I need more info. What version of Windows? (Type winver in the run box.) Does the problem occur when you snip text? Are you printing directly from the snip tool? What is your printer resolution set to?

Reaction score
Wiindows 10, Doesn't occur until I go to print. Meaning I can snip and paste it in an email or in a word document, all looks good. When I print, that's when the problem occurs. I don't know how to check printer resolution.

Also, seems to have started when I changed the magnification on my screen...started using a keyboard for my laptop, so my laptop is further back on my desk. So I changed the font sizes (or whatever, lacking proper nomenclature) on my screen. I have since changed that back (I think) but I believe that is when the snipping tool started giving me printing problems. But it's also a new laptop...so not sure if that's when it started or when I changed the screen resolution...they were both near in timeframe.

Reaction score

Ask a Question