Snipping tools size problem

Reaction score
Hello,

my laptop is connected to a second screen and my display is second screen only.

When i try to use snipping tools, the desktop size is reduced to appx. 50% of its actual size and screenshots i make are too small.

It used to work perfectly.

Anyone has an idea how to solve it?

Thanks
Charlie

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
I am using win 10 pro
Version 1709
OS build; 16299.64

I have just updated win and problem persists.

I think it all started as of previous update - everything worked perfectly before that,

Thanks,
Charlie

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie but they are incompatible with my laptop - tried to install but did not manage to do it.

Reaction score
the strange thing is that it happens on my second screen only - when i use my laptop's screen its working perfectly but when i use second screen display only the size of the desktop is shrinking in more than 50% (so i have to zoom in before i capture the screen)

Reaction score
I am using DVI with an HDMI adapter.
Thanks for the manual, i know how to set it up - it used to work perfectly and i am using the second screen now...

Here is something funny i found out, maybe it will be helpful to troubleshoot - when i set the mode to duplicate screens, the resolution of the screen is dropping and snipping tools work great like this, but on Second screen only the resolution increases and when using snipping tools the size of the desktop is reduced - please see example in the attached file:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    309.1 KB · Views: 1,087
Reaction score
I guess you have looked in the settings?
System - Display -, and scrolled down to multiple displays?

If you have tried adjustments there, and nothing improved, is it possible that there are manual adjustments on the second scree?

Reaction score
Hi all;

I have registered an account to let people know how I have solved this issue. I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad T470. I have an external monitor connected via a USB C breakout box.

The cause of the issue I had was found from the suggestion of davehc my display was weirdly registered as "1|2" rather than just one or 2. When I used snipping tool it would resize the screen to the original resolution of the laptop monitor.

To fix this I went to display settings and changed the "Multiple display settings" from duplicate to show only on the external monitor. After that snipping tool worked fine.

Reaction score
Thanks, DSvella. Oldish thread but good info for the same problem in the future.

Ask a Question