SOLVED I'm so mixed up about Edge "Favorites Bar" and "Other Favorites" .. Help?

Reaction score
I have Edge, the new one, and I have two folders - Favorites Bar, and Other Favorites. Why have I got two folders? I'm always used to Edge having just "Favorites." At least then I knew where a web site was saved to. Now when I wish to save a web page in Favorites I'm not sure what to do. If I save in Favorites Bar will it also go into Other Favorites? If I save in Other Favorites will it also go into Favorites Bar. Omg, I'm confused, and all the help sites and even Microsoft advice just is more confusing. I look forward to some plain wonderful simple advice. Any help is appreciated.. Cheers ...

Reaction score
Hi acerguy,

I have the same problem but live with it, I have fiddled around but found nothing to change its behaviour!!!!!!!. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Reaction score
Hi acerguy,

I have the same problem but live with it, I have fiddled around but found nothing to change its behaviour!!!!!!!. :confused::confused::confused::confused:
Heeeys Wolfie ... thanks for the reply,, at least I know someone else is confused. We will wait for more reply's !! Cheers ..

Reaction score
Hi acerguy,

I had a look around the web but cannot find anything that would help in any way!. :(:(:(

Reaction score
It is following the old established trend in IE.
You can copy everything from the bar, to the "Others" and you then have the familiar (IE) drop down menu.
Saving a new link is your choice. You can merely save it to the Bar, which can then become Ve-ery long, or make folders in the bar, to which you can save new links. Ditto to the "Others"

Reaction score
I had mine set after importing my favourites and just a few days ago, it changed its format???. :( Now it struggles to open the favourites menu quickly???. :eek:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
That's MS for you.....!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wish if you're going to copy somebody, copy it all. Just don't copy part and then try to put your old crap into the new copied version. Stupid!!!!!!!

Or as I like to refer to things of that nature.....half assing it.

Reaction score
It is following the old established trend in IE.
You can copy everything from the bar, to the "Others" and you then have the familiar (IE) drop down menu.
Saving a new link is your choice. You can merely save it to the Bar, which can then become Ve-ery long, or make folders in the bar, to which you can save new links. Ditto to the "Others"
Thanks Dave. It's most appreciated. You've helped me before on other occasions. I'll see how I go. Cheers.

Reaction score

I just wish if you're going to copy somebody, copy it all. Just don't copy part and then try to put your old crap into the new copied version. Stupid!!!!!!!

Thanks Bass ... awesome .. Cheers.

Reaction score
I had mine set after importing my favourites and just a few days ago, it changed its format???. :( Now it struggles to open the favourites menu quickly???. :eek:
I reckon Wolfie .. as they say "there's nothing new under the sun!" ...

Reaction score
What I don't understand is that it was working fine and then suddenly damn got broke???. It must have been after an update but I really wasn't paying attention as to when it really went doolahli!. :eek:

Reaction score
What exactly happened, Wolfie?

Microsoft stated intention, when the Windows 10 project began, was to make it backward and forward compatible with as many know quirks as was conceivable. A bold undertaking and doomed from the start. With constant changes to both third party software and hardware, and, to a certain marked extent, lack of support from the driver people in the matter of keeping up to date, they have not done too bad a job (IMO)
In this thread, they were attempting to make innovative items as user friendly, and familiar, to the millions of users who had become accustomed to the layout and use of IE. perhaps, in your opinion, they have failed.??

Reaction score
What exactly happened, Wolfie?
Hi Dave,

that is a good question, as I stated above, it was working fine and all my favourites were showing in an orderly fashion and now it can take up to 2 seconds to open the favourites menu!. I had set my favs from an imported file and all was good, now it is kind of "out of sync" but does work. :)

Like I also said above, I can live with it!. :p

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
perhaps, in your opinion, they have failed.??
Not at all.....MS just makes stuff so convoluted and ass backwards and calls it forward progress. MS will buy something that works very well or excellent even and put their fingers in it and just dorks it up. Example Skype, a beautiful piece of software that is now bacterized and ad driven. Now with the Chromium Edge.

Reaction score
I honestly feel, that with your too frequent adverse comments regarding Microsoft, you could be in the wrong forum!!

Reaction score
I always remove the favorites bar on all browsers if it's enabled as it takes up desktop real estate and the drop down favorites menu / window works best for me.

This is only my opinion. :)

Reaction score
With constant changes to both third party software and hardware, and, to a certain marked extent, lack of support from the driver people in the matter of keeping up to date, they have not done too bad a job (IMO)
Kind of sounds like Linux somewhat and I quote "lack of support from the driver people in the matter of keeping up to date".

Linux proprietary driver support from the hardware manufactures can sometimes be hit and miss either dropping support for older hardware or just haven't bothered to create proprietary drivers for newer hardware.

Linux or Windows no OS is perfect however patience in my case has been the best support.

My apologies for drifting off topic.

Last edited:

Ask a Question