SOLVED Edge not showing in Background Apps

Reaction score
Windows Spotlight stopped working. I have followed all of the directions to fix this issue found online, however one instruction was to make sure Microsoft Edge was clicked "on" in "Background Apps". Could this be why Spotlight is not working because "Edge" is not listed in "Background Apps"? How do I get "Edge" to appear in "Background Apps"? Please help. I am running Windows Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043

Reaction score
Not neccesarily "experts" just willing helpers who may have an answer;)

As you followed all the online tips, I guess there is not much more to offer. If not already done, why not enable all the background apps for the trial. I am not using windows 10, but am sure there was a setting to do just that,
One of your problems could be that you re using a very old version of 10. There have been many builds since that one

Reaction score
Not neccesarily "experts" just willing helpers who may have an answer;)

As you followed all the online tips, I guess there is not much more to offer. If not already done, why not enable all the background apps for the trial. I am not using windows 10, but am sure there was a setting to do just that,
One of your problems could be that you re using a very old version of 10. There have been many builds since that one
Although you did not supply a fix to my problem, at least you replied; and for that I thank you. I have all the latest updates to Win-10. Probably my only recourse is to clean my HD and reinstall Win-10. But that takes a lot of time and the frustration of reloading programs and apps.
The strange thing is that Windows Spotlight just quite working and Edge does not appear in the apps list. Maybe overnight an update to Win-10 happened? Oh well, not having a different beautiful image on my screen is not the end of the world. I would update to Win-11 but this laptop is not compatible.

Again, thank you for your response.

Reaction score
Before I placed my post requesting help solving this issue, I had tried all of those "fixes", with no luck.

Reaction score
Ok. Little more I can offer. I think the reason you have had so little response is that your thread title does not actually encompass the problem.
Perhaps (!} a windows 10 user might be able to come in and help

Reaction score
Having done nothing new on my part, suddenly it appears that the problem has resolved itself. At least yesterday and this morning new, beautiful images are on my startup screen.
Such is the life of computers.
Thank you for your several responses and attempts to help.

Ask a Question