Why Is Microsoft Edge Not Universally Accepted?

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain I have the latest version of Microsoft Edge, but in some cases when I use it, I get a message indicating that my browser is not acceptable, or out of date, or something similar. Why is that? I'm up to date on all the Windows 10 updates. What am I missing?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I haven't experienced that. If not too private, could you name a site?

Reaction score
Here's just one sample out of many

Attachments

• edge no.jpg
    edge no.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
I do not have an issue with Youtube.com on Edge Version 102.0.1245.44 (Official build) (64-bit). As a matter of fact, I have yet to find a website that is complaining about Edge browser.
Is it possible that your settings maybe too restrictive?? I can't think of another reason why you are having these issues..

Reaction score
All I can add is some Web sites haven't updated to recognize Edge properly, some links on a Web page may be looking for IE but that has gone away. Putting iexplore.exe in the Search box may flash part of a previous page but will then open Edge as the default.

Reaction score
I have the same version as indicated above, per the attached. How would my "settings be too restrictive"??

Attachments

• edge no 2.jpg
    edge no 2.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 10
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I had something similar happen. Turns out, even though I had the latest version of Edge installed, my DEFAULT browser was set to Internet Exploder. I completely uninstalled IE and switched the default browser, and everything was ok.

Reaction score
It according to me is an equally sad PITA as Google Chrome. 2 Gb ram and 17 background processes after you exit the application? Who needs that ? Vivaldi, based on the same Chromium code, does a 1000 times better job and leaves no remnants in memory when you exit.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
You aren't quite up to date, but I don't think it has anything to do with you problem

Ask a Question