Unwanted Microsoft Edge

Reaction score
I don' like, want or need Edge. Why does it rape my computer? Why does Microsoft install it when I don't want it? How do I stop it from happening?

Reaction score
Windows/Microsoft, have, over several generations of OS's, installed Apps which are not , possibly, your wanted choice. It is not difficult to install your own third party Apps and make them your defaults, ignoring the built in offers.
I am not an inesive user of my computer and, frankly, I find the OS "package" covers most of my daily needs. Only addition was a office suite.

Reaction score
Start a conversation with me and i can help you i am not posting it here cause it is not recommended as this has come up so if i were you i would start a conversation so it not in the public forum.

JWR

Reaction score
Two years after the initial post above but I have this issue constantly EVERY time I awaken the PC. The Edge browser always comes on full-screen in spite of the fact that Chrome is my default browser and has been for years. I have re-checked and made sure that Chrome is set to be the default and yet Edge is forced on me every time. It looks like MS wants to bully you into using their browser no matter what. How can I bash this ?
I don' like, want or need Edge. Why does it rape my computer? Why does Microsoft install it when I don't want it? How do I stop it from happening?
Two years after the initial post above but I have this issue constantly EVERY time I awaken the PC. The Edge browser always comes on full-screen in spite of the fact that Chrome is my default browser and has been for years. I have re-checked and made sure that Chrome is set to be the default and yet Edge is forced on me every time. It looks like MS wants to bully you into using their browser no matter what. How can I bash this ?

Reaction score
Even though you have set another browser as default Edge will still be the default for certain things such as any help topics from the search box and clicking on 'help' from any MS product.

Try Sordum's Edge Blocker.

Sordum is a trusted source with many helpful tools for tweaking Windows 10.

I myself use their Defender Control utility.

Reaction score
Microsoft historically included Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in older versions of Windows along with WordPad, a 'lite' version of Word which was Write in Windows 3.x [put write.exe in Start, Run]. The apps were included so a computer could be useful OOBE, Linux and Macintosh do the same. As mentioned just install what you want, set as Default and ignore the others. Many Web sites and program installs would call for Internet Explorer and latest Windows have a code to bring up Edge when IE is called for [put iexplore in Start, Run]. It's possible Edge will be reinstalled in a future Build or Upgrade.

JWR

Reaction score
Even though you have set another browser as default Edge will still be the default for certain things such as any help topics from the search box and clicking on 'help' from any MS product.

NO WAY we should be having to install some gadget to stop intrusion by MS. If I install anything it will be a link the the Federal Trade Commission accusing MS of anti-trust and monopoly violations and copies to my congressmen.

JWR

Reaction score

NO WAY we should be having to install some gadget to stop intrusion by MS. If I install anything it will be a link the the Federal Trade Commission accusing MS of anti-trust and monopoly violations and copies to my congressmen.

Ask a Question