Preventing an unwanted change in the mouse cursor

Reaction score
One of my programs in x32Win10ProV20H2 has the hotkey CTRL SHFT which turns the mouse cursor into a text-capture tool. I find that conversion happening VERY frequently without me applying the hotkey. How might this be caused ? - or more importantly, how can it be prevented ? The USB connected mouse is a Microsoft one and has a scroll wheel. Keyboard is a P/S2 connected Logitech. It might be relevant to mention that from time to time, the INSERT mode gets changed to OVERWRITE without me doing it.

Reaction score
The only thing that comes to mind may involve the age of things, have you tried a USB Keyboard instead of the PS/2? Could be newer programs don't regress well to older hardware.

Reaction score
I replied that the keyboard replacement seemed to have done the job, but I don't see that post in the thread.
It was premature. The same annoying phenomenon has been repeated. So there is another cause (as well ?)

Ask a Question