SOLVED Edge or Firefox

Reaction score
Which browser has the best privacy?..
"Microsoft says it may “collect data when using the Windows Input Method Editor for typing and inking to improve language recognition and suggestion capabilities” in Private Mode; otherwise, all the browsing information is cleared after the windows are closed".
Firefox collects nothing.

Reaction score
"Firefox collects nothing."
Hard to swallow with all that accumulated history when you browse.

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe, but why would microsoft collect data when it's supposed to be private mode. I'm not saying edge isn't any good, but why do you have to keep refusing cookies at the beginning?..it's a browser not a shop outlet isn't it.

Reaction score
For your own protection/privacy The cookies are collected info, for whoever is involved. MS are giving you the choice to not accept them. Firefox obviously doesnt, if you do not get that optin.

Reaction score
Firefox doesn't collect in private mode without asking and Firefox doesn't collect any cookies at the start before you go into private mode without asking. What I'm getting at is, why are a lot of websites saying although edge is improved and in some areas better,why is microsoft collecting info?.

Reaction score
Almost nothing that you do on the Internet is private, even with a VPN (because the VPN provider can see what you're doing).

Many applications collect usage and stability information in order to detect crashes and to improve performance and reliability. I would suggest that most of us are content for providers of "free" applications to collect that kind of information?

Reaction score
I agree . You may think FF is not collecting, but, by design or whatever, it is. I am 100% certain that if you empty your
Internet temp files (mostly spam) by the end of the day you will have a full list again

Reaction score
One of the main reason's I was asking, was, because I was thinking about buying a microsoft surface and it only uses edge. But the price is beginning
to put me off. It starts off at £364.99, but then you have to by a keyboard and a mouse, which bumps it up
to around the £500 mark.

Reaction score
One of the main reason's I was asking, was, because I was thinking about buying a microsoft surface and it only uses edge. But the price is beginning
to put me off. It starts off at £364.99, but then you have to by a keyboard and a mouse, which bumps it up
to around the £500 mark.
TBH I wouldn't base a decision to spend that sort of money on the browser. IMO Edge sends far less personal data to Microsoft than Chrome sends to Google for example. If a Surface suits your needs then it's a good buy, and IMO Edge is fine - I use it as one of my browsers.

Reaction score
All the browsers collect data no matter what you tell them. I guess I trust Firefox just a wee bit more than MS, with what they do with it.

Ask a Question