SOLVED Email software trying to find the most stable.

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Hi all.

Having been recently informed by Microsoft that it is discontinuing Microsoft Office/Outlook 2010 shortly, i have tried numerous Browsers, Email clients to find an alternative that works without problems.

I have used Office 2010 for several years, in particular, Microsoft Outlook 2010 for my email (pop) setup. never had any serious problems with it from start to finish. true to form,however, Microsoft in it's greed to not provide consistent service but use the good old American idiom of "sell,sell, sell" has, with many other past and present services, decided to terminate consistent service for whatever reason pops into it,s warped thinking.

Tried Thunderbird; not overly keen on it to be honest.
Tried Edge and also the new version of same (chromium). Fine as I could at least use Outlook mail as one of it,s extensions. Problem is that having setup my Web starter page, every time I signed in I had to reset the whole fiasco again. Total inept rubbish.Were it possible I would remove Internet Explorer and Edge, completely from my machine.Surprise, Microsoft does not allow that!

Firefox,as per previous episodes I have experienced with, just will not setup on my machine at all.

Currently using as browsers "Brave" and "Opera". Both not bad at all. Opera I have the greatest preference for, even though it uses Chrome system. Which I would prefer not to use if possible.

Begs the question therefore, Where do I go next? I am essentially looking for an email client. Some browsers incorporate one, others do not
Suggestions welcome. ;)

Reaction score
Just because Support for programs no longer published and are not bringing in money to pay the programmers doesn't mean the programs will die, I use several old ones that are fine, at least for the basics. Due to the interweaving with Windows I wouldn't run Outlook from Office 2000 [which I do have on a couple of Notebooks]. Also discontinued which is Lotus SmartSuite is just fine as is the old WordPerfect 12 running on one of my Insider Preview [test/BETA] computers. Even Microsoft's Picture It! can be made to work. Some of the more advanced features of programs such as Macros may not function properly.

Reaction score
:) Hello Bighorn. trust you are keeping well.

Correct me where wrong,my friend. Just keep using Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 as normal and possibly keep current Outlook mail as a backup?

Reaction score
Until finding something better I'd first check the messages using Onlike/Webmail to verify messages before using Outlook to download them.

Ask a Question