emailing jpegs

Reaction score
does windows 10 automatically compress jpegs. I have received 2 emails from different people and both have compressed jpegs. if it does how do you stop it.

Reaction score
Well most email providers have limits on the size of the attachments. So they may be forced to email as compressed.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
jpegs and jpgs are already compressed file formats and are very difficult to compress further and the results of doing so are minimal in overall file size.
What happens in some email programs is that they are resized prior to sending producing a smaller file, file size and a somewhat lower quality image.
As Jake says above some ISPs have file size limitations but usually this just results in an error or bounced email. Not much "automatic" about that.

Reaction score
I've found that for file size limitation issues I pass using email and use Google Drive (all users have to have a google account) and I just share it with that user or users. When I do that the file appears ion their Google drive.

Ask a Question