Emails Automatically Moved And Deleted

Reaction score
Something is happening when I am using email that I can't prevent.

I am using Windows 10, and Outlook is installed on my desktop computer. However I rarely use Outlook.

I have Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013.

I have an email account with Verizon which I regularly use. I access Verizon email via the Internet.

Messages in my Inbox are automatically getting moved and deleted, without me doing anything, when I am on the Internet with the Verizon email open.

I access my email on line at netmail.verizon.net

While I am in email, looking at my inbox I often will get a sort of pop up message. A kind of "moving cursor" appears as a pop up or overlay. It says "moving messages."

There is no option to stop or cancel this.

The icon says “moving messages,” but there is no indication where they are being moved. Messages will automatically disappear. Which messages have disappeared is not apparent. But they are disappearing. I know this for certain.

I called Verizon tech support. The tech support person checked everything and could not figure it out. The problem does not have anything to do with filters. I turned off my automatic spam protection.

One Verizon tech support rep said perhaps something in my computer -- some kind of bug-- perhaps something I downloaded, some program or app, might be interfering with my email and causing this to happen. She said the problem is not one at Verizon's end and that they can’t fix it.

It does not seem to be the case of what she suggested as per the above paragraph, because the same problem of messages being deleted automatically – of an unwanted pop message appearing on the screen saying “moving messages” -- occurs on a different computer in our house, my wife’s laptop. The same thing will happen with respect to messages being moved and/or deleted when I am accessing Verizon email via the Internet using my wife’s laptop.

Another Verizon teach support rep suggested that I contact Samsung. I have a Samsung android Galaxy smartphone. My Samsung smartphone has an email app which gives me access to the regular email of mine on Verizon.

The Samsung tech support person said that my smartphone is not causing the problem.

Reaction score
Have you run your virus scan? I'd also download and run Malwarebytes. I can't tell you what's happening, but it doesn't sound like it's a "bug". It almost sounds like someone has remote access to your PC's.

Reaction score
Try switching off your synchronization Settings - Accounts - Sync your settings. I have not read of it happening but, worth a shot. It could be a function of outlook, which you say you
In the early days of experimenting with Windows 10, I had my Email account set on Windows 8.1, which I used daily. I had ditto on Windows 10. Not quite the same problem as yours, but I found switching from one to the other caused similar problems, and stopped it by switching off the sync and the Onedrive.

I am repeating this in your similar thread, which has already ben respond to by Trouble?

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/emails-automatically-moved-and-or-deleted.6335/#post-29647

Reaction score
Is your Outlook in Office set up to look at Verizon mail? You can check easily enough when running the program. If Outlook does have Verizon set up it may just be checking your mail for you. You say the pop up messages appear on your wife's laptop and your phone also can and does access Verizon.
Certainly sounds as if one or other device is working away in the background.

Reaction score
Try switching off your synchronization Settings - Accounts - Sync your settings. I have not read of it happening but, worth a shot. It could be a function of outlook, which you say you
In the early days of experimenting with Windows 10, I had my Email account set on Windows 8.1, which I used daily. I had ditto on Windows 10. Not quite the same problem as yours, but I found switching from one to the other caused similar problems, and stopped it by switching off the sync and the Onedrive.

I am repeating this in your similar thread, which has already ben respond to by Trouble?

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/emails-automatically-moved-and-or-deleted.6335/#post-29647
Thanks for your response. Could you please tell me how to
Is your Outlook in Office set up to look at Verizon mail? You can check easily enough when running the program. If Outlook does have Verizon set up it may just be checking your mail for you. You say the pop up messages appear on your wife's laptop and your phone also can and does access Verizon.
Certainly sounds as if one or other device is working away in the background.

Tim - thank you. How can I check to see if Outlook Office is set up to look at Verizon mail? Can you tell me what the steps do this would be?

Reaction score

Have you run your virus scan? I'd also download and run Malwarebytes. I can't tell you what's happening, but it doesn't sound like it's a "bug". It almost sounds like someone has remote access to your PC's.

Thank you for your reply. I have run the virus scan and have downloaded and run Malwarebytes. No problems (viruses) detected. Do you know how someone could get remote access to my PC? But, please note, the problem with automatic deletion of emails is happening on my wife's laptop too (i.e., is happening to me when he use her laptop to access my Verizon email via Internet).

Reaction score
If someone was to gain remote access, it would most likely be through some type of malware. I'm not saying that's the issue. I've never heard of your specific issue. I have had issues with google chrome's sync, and my bookmarks across different PC's, but never with outlook and my verizon email via the web.

Ask a Question