"Enable Win32 long paths" not working at all

Reaction score
I tried enabling it in both RegEdit and Local Group Policy Editor. nether worked at all. I even crashed my PC to make sure it wasn't some weird BS on my part.

I manually tried making a filename in the root directory as long as I possibly could and it just didn't work.

I am on the latest version of Windows 10 Pro

Reaction score
I tried enabling it in both RegEdit and Local Group Policy Editor. nether worked at all. I even crashed my PC to make sure it wasn't some weird BS on my part.

I manually tried making a filename in the root directory as long as I possibly could and it just didn't work.

I am on the latest version of Windows 10 Pro
There's not much allowed for a user to put in the root of C: so I create a Test folder in C: for the purpose of trying things.

Reaction score
There's not much allowed for a user to put in the root of C: so I create a Test folder in C: for the purpose of trying things.
Ya just tried that and nada. I also found out a day after making this post that windows file explorer doesn't support it from other posts on the web. you can have a path as long as you want but you cant access it like making shared folders and then making more folders/files on another computer. You could then have it as long as you want, however that is not at all what I need for what I am doing.

Ask a Question