error code 0x80070057 help

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I updated a older laptop a week ago to Win10 and today tried to down load Anniversary up date. It started to download and a error box popped up saying " something happened try to restart up date. I did and the same error occurred and ideal what it is?
Google it one suggestion was registry error?

Thank you

Reaction score
I was getting that same error. The solution I found online was to (provided your laptop is downloading the update via a wireless connection) is to disable the wireless connection at the point where the download verification process begins. You have to watch though to re-enable the connection once the install reaches a point where it starts checking for updates. Hope that helps your situation.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I have a 3rd party utility AVG Ultimate I was seeing after the anniversary up date if I needed it. WELL I do I have used Microsoft system from Win 3.1 to Win 10, WIn10 is far upon the best but Microsoft is not quite there yet. I reloaded AVG it has a utility called Tune up it found 643 errors in registry one or more was causing my problem. Plus I update from Win7 to Win 10 free before that expired thinking when I did, it would load the current build but it loaded the build from back in 7/15 there was one between I had to up date. I am learning a lot and am keeping detailed notes . I do appreciate your wanting to help I always appreciate ,we all do not know all the quirks of WIn10.

Ask a Question