Error code: 0X80072ee2 Windows Mail Synchronisation

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has found a fix for the issue with Windows Mail Synchronisation with a hotmail account where it chucks up Error code: 0X80072ee2?

I have a customer that upgraded to Windows 10 the other day and, whilst I can find lots of similar stories in a general Google search, I have not been able to find any solutions so I am guessing this is a bug. Anyone else got this error and / or solutions?

Reaction score
I would really appreciate some help on this as well. The Windows 10 not recognising WiFi cleared up with an update today, how do I solve this sync problem. Will MS release a patch?

My issue is that I had my one and only email account at the time linked to my MS account.

Now I have two others and they synced. My old data did not migrate! Nor does it sync, nor can I delete the account, let alone change the settings! However I have duplicated the account. But I don't want duplicates, I am a paying business customer.

I have even tried using my work and third email accounts to control the MS account and I still can't alter or delete the original email address as it is still "syncing" and will only allow alteration or deletion after a successful sync. All I get is the error code even with both defender and kaspersky turned off.

MS have to to listen. We want a patch! Only Excel is keeping me as your customer. There are millions like me. Ignore use at your peril.

Ask a Question