Error with Factory resetting my laptop

Reaction score
Every time I try factory resetting my laptop it reaches to either 1% ,3% or 30% and stops and then tells me that there was an error and no changes have been made I’ve reset it using commands, shift + reset then troubleshoot and then reset and finally I’ve used the settings none of them worked what can I do to avoid this problem

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
A couple of things, not knowing anything about the computer have to ask if it originally came with Win10? If not, is it trying to do a Factory Reset to a previous version of Windows? Could be the factory restore partition is damaged. Another thing is the reset usually can't be avoided probably because of other issues, things that will prevent correcting problems or limit use of the computer. T'were it mine I'd get the MCT/Media Creation Tool, install it to obtain the .iso file for creating the bootable DVD or create the USB 8GB Thumb drive, either can be used to reinstall Win10. The download will take awhile, I did it yesterday as I have to put a new drive in a client's Notebook.

Ask a Question