Explorer EXE error message

Reaction score
Dear all

I have started to get the following error message when I load my desktop from startup:

'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation'.

Has anyone experience this before? If yes, please advise on wht this means and the solution.

Thanks

Reaction score
Dear all

I have started to get the following error message when I load my desktop from startup:

'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation'.

Has anyone experience this before? If yes, please advise on wht this means and the solution.

Thanks

I got the same message and the start-up took a long time. I loaded a software that was supposed to clean up this problem but it locked up too. So, I deleted that program. Finally, I deleted a couple of programs on my desk top, one of them is Drop Box. The error message went away afterwards. Now, my PC is running fine. So, you may want to delete the programs that you have running in the background to see if that take care of this problems. After you fix the problem, you can reload the program one at a time to see which is the culprit. I hope this helps.

Ask a Question