Extending C: Partition when Space is not adjacent

Reaction score
This is my first post, so I'm sorry if this question has been asked many times. I have seen a few threads about this, but haven't seemed to find a full answer. I will start off by showing the picture:
Screenshot (3).png

As you can see, when I first started up my computer, I made the mistake of making my C: drive only 80GB, which at the time I thought was enough. I have been good about saving things to the New Volume (X:), but I still have plenty of issues regarding space. As you can see, I have about 2.7TB of space in the X: which only about 10% is being used. The problem is, I can't seem to find a way to move the 450MB and 100MB Healthy partitions to allow for an extension of the C: drive. I have seen some suggestions of third party software that might be able to handle this, but I am nervous to start deleting things unless I know that it's exactly what I should be doing.

Any help would be great, and this would solve a lot of problems for the future.

Reaction score
I would leave it as it is & put all your personal stuff on X.
My Windows partition uses 30GB of 60GB allotted.

Reaction score
In order to extend C: you need unallocated space next to it, which you seem to understand. If order to get that, you need to shrink X: from its leading edge (or delete it) and then move the other partitions over. You need a third party disk management software to do that.

I see you have made modifications to your system as to page file and the location of the UEFI partition. Those will need to be dealt with as will any profile folders or other default locations you may have moved. Is there an MSR partition hiding somewhere on the drive?

Reaction score
I totally understand your situation. Actually, it is quite easy to solve your problem. You can generate some unallocated space by shrinking the partition X in Disk Management. Then merge the unallocated space to your C drive with the help of some third partition managers. No harm to your existing files and programs. My suggestion is Aomei Partition Assistant. Its free version supports the merge. The function is called Merge Partition.

Ask a Question