Fast Track, S..L..O..W.. downloads... takes several days

Reaction score
I have been testing Windows 10 Preview since the first one. They all worked just beautiful.... until the past several. Here are some of the problems:
1) When I go to Settings->Update & Security->Advanced options, I see the following screen showing at the top that "Some settings are managed by your organization" This is a private computer.
I tried a registry hack that was supposed to fix it, but it didn't.
I also tried a Group Policy setting that was supposed to fix it... it didn't either.
So, I can't actually CHECK to see if there is any updates out there, I just have to wait. Eventually it will start the download, but it actually takes 2-3 DAYS to get the download. Once I get it, it installs just fine. Any ideas out there??

Here is the Settings Screen: NOTE the yellow high lighted area!
upload_2015-5-22_18-29-20.png

Reaction score
Curious. Mine is quite different to yours. Perhaps you should undo the alterations you have applied?
In the initial settings, on a clean install, you are asked if you own the computer or if it is company owned. I don't think that would produce the picture you are showing, but it is certainly possible???

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I've tried undoing those changes, but it makes no difference. Before this last upgrade, Build 10074, it said that it was being managed by my administrator. I'm the only administrator and have ALWAYS been. I'm also concerned about the length of time it takes to do the automatic download... 2-3 DAYS!!! When they release an ISO, I can download that in about 20-30 MINUTES! I don't understand why.
When doing an initial install, I ALWAYS state that it's a PRIVATE COMPUTER.
Maybe someone else has the answer!

Thanks for your reply!

Bill

Ask a Question